Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sorry mom...

So it has been a pretty damn good weekend. Got to see some old friends Friday at the 9:30Club. The boys from Guster were in town celebrating the 10th anniversary of Lost and Gone Forever. They played for 2 1/2 hours including the entire album front to back. As always, the put on a great show. Thanks to Brian for hooking us up with backstage passes for after the show. It was good to catch up with the guys...hard to believe it has been over 10 years since they were playing the Bayou. It is nice that they have remained so in touch with their fans and so down to earth.

Here is your random Brian Rosenworcel story...when we were in high school, Brian coerced with my mother for my 17th birthday. He picked me up and we went to rent Monty Python and the Holy Grail and get some junk food. Brian then needed gas so we filled up. Long story short, he was killing time to get everyone to my parents for the surprise. In order to pull off his plan, he needed to make sure he was low on gas...the problem was that his car was virtually full that afternoon. He parked his hot, blue Chevy Nova in the driveway running for several hours in the afternoon to run it low [settle down environmentalists...this was in the late 80s]. This was one of those little gestures that sticks in your memory for years and shows true character. It was a little thing, but shows how generous Brian is to his friends. Thanks amigo.

After a later than usual evening [I am old...anything past 10:30 is late] we hit the sack for an early Saturday morning.

Maureen and I hit the park with the dogs first thing Saturday morning for some serious fetch. As some of you know [I think I have 4 or 5 loyal readers] our dear pooch Chief passed away a month ago. Since then we [including our other dog, Georgia and cat, Harp] have gone through a true adjustment period. Chief was the gentlest soul I have met...we adopted him when he was 2 and grew into a loyal, loving boy who I miss every day. [Bringing this all back around, the long run I did after his passing was brutal. I ran alone and couldn't stop thinking about him. Strangely enough, "Hang On" by Guster came on ye olde iPod and hit the spot. http://s0.ilike.com/play#Guster:Hang+On:90945:s17111311.8673398.5140765.0.2.5%2Cstd_2b74136429de4c5b9fff8cae8d708c3e Check it out...thanks gents] We got him through the Conestoga Vizsla Club Rescue [Pat Hudson rocks!] and had to let them know about his passing. When we did, Pat told us that she had a 1 1/2 year old named Harley coming in for a home. Being the generous people [a.k.a. suckers] we are we met Harley and brought him home. He and Georgia are getting along and are playing more and more every day. The park is a great location to shake of the cobwebs and chance the squeaky ball. For info on the CVC Rescue, check out their website at http://vizslarescue.homestead.com/index.html

Following our park visit, I was off to see my good friend Paul Roe. Paul is an amazing tattoo artist with an incredible gift. As much as my folks will be thrilled, I got another tattoo...Paul and I came up with a design honoring Chief and his paw print. He did a beautiful job and I am so proud to have this in Chief's honor. Sorry mom...it is out of love for my boy. Check out Paul's work at http://www.britishinkdc.com/

Handing out candy for Halloween is usually a streetwide event. People hang out outside with wine and food and hand out the goodies. After about an hour, the rain came in and the festivities were cut short. We moved inside and ate our body weight in candy. Thank you KitKat for your sugar high.

John and I hit the pavement this morning for our weekly long run. Of course the rain continued with a lovely temperature of about 50. 15.16 miles in the rain with cool temperatures is a real blast [that's sarcasm folks]. Regardless, it felt great to get out and run. Thanks to daylight savings time for allowing us to get a bit more sleep.

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Long Training 6

Moving back into tradition, we dried off and hit Jimmy T's for some breakfast [http://www.jimmytsplace.com/]. Brad and Sondra held the table and had coffee waiting. The breakfast sandwich could not have hit the spot anymore. Of course, now I am ready for a second breakfast. Nothing like sitting around on a sunday, watching football while eating and drinking. I think have bored you people enough...My tired bones are off to the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment