Saturday, August 29, 2009

Race Weekend

I have just returned from picking up my number and timing chip for the Annapolis 10 miler tomorrow. It has been a pretty good training week...felt good coming back from camp and jumping back into the schedule. The Annapolis race is always great…running through the streets of Annapolis and the local neighborhoods is beautiful. The first five miles are fairly straight forwarded…the second half has some nasty little hills to smack you around. If you find yourself awake around 8am in near Annapolis, come on by…cheering is always welcome! Check out the race at http://annapolisstriders.org/A10info2009.htm.

John is out in Vancouver this weekend racing the Ironman Canada race. My 10 mile race is a joyride compared to the hell he is going to put his body through tomorrow. To say I respect him for this is an understatement…I can’t imagine the mental and physical challenge. He is runner 866…track him online at http://ironman.com/events/ironman/canada/?show=tracker&y=2004.

Thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause. In under a month I am already at 20% of my goal. Keep the word out there…feel free to pass this webpage around…I would love support from all over the world!

Monday is a rest day with Tuesday being a 5 mile run. Come on out if you want a nice jog around the Washington, DC Mall. Time for some pre-race carbs…

No comments:

Post a Comment