Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I love bacon

Aside from a minor medical hiccup [damn MRSA Staph Infection returning], John and I were able to hit the road for a nice 7+ mile run this weekend down on the Eastern Shore. Our jaunt took us through historic Cape Charles, VA and the new Bay Creek Golf Club. Aside from about 0% shade, it was a great day to run and felt great getting back out there together.

The biggest news was us finalize our training schedule leading up to January. Currently we are around 8-10 miles each Sunday...we will be ramping up in a week looking towards the two day event. We will be doing some speed work on Tuesdays and shorten distances Thursdays with big runs on Sundays. We will throw in some additional runs on Saturdays to get the legs ready for the back to back beatdown.

Getting out and running is fun...quite honestly, the best parts of long runs are the fact that two great friends get to chat uninterrupted for 2+ hours and then go to Jimmy Ts [all you Capitol Hill folks know the joy of weekend breakfast] for an incredibly unhealthy, but delicious breakfast. I am soooooooo not one of those "I only eat only granola and drink water directly from Swiss springs while doing yoga and mediation" athletes. I can't help it, I love bacon. I said it...I am proud to love greasy, tasty bacon. Who's with me?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment